Professional drivers have a lot of factors to consider before deciding who will be their future employer. Questions about the company, pay, operations, and the kind of equipment you will be using should all factor into making your decision. Below are some questions you should be asking your recruiter.
Compensation and Pay:
- How does the company pay?
- How does your company handle raises?
- What benefits does your company offer?
- When do those benefits kick in?
- Are there any bonuses for safety, fuel, signing on, performance, driver referral, etc.?
- What is home time?
- What kind of freight do you haul?
- In what states do you operate?
- How many terminals does your company have and where are they located?
- Is there forced dispatch?
- Who is responsible for unloading and loading the trucks?
- What type of trucks does your company use?
- How old are the trucks?
- Can drivers take their equipment home with them during home time?
- What amenities do the trucks come with?
- How many employees does the company have?
- How many drivers?
- What is your company’s turnover rate?
- What is the passenger policy?
- What is the pet policy?
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
When it comes to your career, you want to ask all the right questions. Determining what carrier will meet your personal needs will help you find the job that is the right fit for you. If you are currently looking for a OTR job consider contacting Witte Bros. at 1(877)GO-WITTE or click here.